Section 1 – Data Collection
How We Collect Information
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we collect information about you and any other party whose details you provide us when you:
- Register to use our services. This may include your name, address, email address, and telephone number. We may also ask you to provide additional information about yourself and your preferences;
- Complete online forms (including call-back requests), take part in surveys, enter any competitions or prize draws, download any information, or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website or within our services;
- Interact with us using social media;
- Provide your contact details to us when accessing or registering to use any websites, applications, or services we make available, or when you update those details;
- Contact us offline, for example, by telephone, whatsapp, SMS, email, or post.
What We Do with Your Information
When you interact with our site, as part of the online communication process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, phone number, and email address.
When you browse our site, we may also automatically receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information (“Log Data”). This Log Data includes your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the site pages you visit, the search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click.
This is information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider, the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use Log Data to provide you with the services and pool it with other information to monitor the use of the services, and for the technical administration of the services.
We do not associate your IP address with any other Personal Information to identify you personally, except in cases where we are asked to comply with a subpoena or other legal demand or where we suspect that there has been a violation of our policies, our Terms of Service and/or applicable law.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our site, new products or services, our company, and other updates.
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we use your information to:
- Provide any information and services that you have requested
- Manage our relationship with you (e.g.: via customer services and support activities)
- Monitor, measure, improve, and protect our content, website, applications and services, and provide an enhanced, personal, user experience for you
- Undertake internal testing of our website, applications, systems and services to improve their security and performance. In these circumstances, we anonymise any information used.
- Provide you with any information that we are required to send you to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations
- Detect, prevent, investigate, or remediate crime, illegal, or prohibited activities, or to otherwise protect our legal rights (including liaison with regulators and law enforcement agencies for these purposes)
- Contact you to find out if you would like to take part in any of our further customer research (e.g.: feedback on your use of our applications, products, and services)
- To monitor, carry out statistical analysis and benchmarking, provided that in such circumstances, it is on an aggregated basis, which will not be linked back to you or any living individual
- Deliver targeted advertising, marketing (including in-product messaging), or information to you, which may be useful to you, based on your use of our applications and services
- Deliver joint content and services with third parties with whom you have a separate relationship (e.g.: social media providers)
- Provide you with location-based services (e.g.: advertising and other personalised content), where we collect geo-location data
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How We Get Your Consent
When you provide us with personal information via one of our online touch points (such as a web form, platform input, lead form, social lead), you consent to our collecting it and using it only for the reason for which you sent us your information.
Where we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing or research, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How to Withdraw Your Consent
If you change your mind after you have opted in, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, collect more information, use, or disclose your information, at any time, by contacting us at:
010 020 1288 or email@example.com
We may disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law or if you violate our general terms and conditions.
SECTION 3 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use, and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide us.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies, so you can understand the way your personal information will be handled by these providers.
We may share your information with third-party platform providers (such as Facebook, LinkedIn Google, and Twitter) to serve targeted advertising / content to you via the relevant third-party platform, based on your profile / interests. Your information is used by the third-party platform provider to identify your account and serve advertisements to you. You can control what advertisements you receive via the privacy settings on the relevant provider’s platform and you should consult the third party’s help / support centre for more information.
When you click on links on our site, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 4 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
We keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction, or damage. We do our best to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of your information if it is transmitted to our website, applications, or services, or to other websites, applications, and services, via an internet or similar connection.
If you provide us with your personal information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Although no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 5 – COOKIES
Our cookies may be:
Session cookies: temporary cookies that identify and track users within our websites, applications, or services and are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session in the application or service, or
We use the following types of cookies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These are cookies that are needed for our websites, applications, or services to function properly.
Performance Cookies & Analytics Technologies
These cookies collect information about how visitors and users use our websites, applications, and services. For instance, it can gather information about which functionality visitors use most often, and if they get error messages from areas of the websites, applications, or services. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor or user. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. We only use these cookies to improve how our website, applications, and services work.
These cookies allow our websites, applications, and services to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language, or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personalised features. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Targeting or Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operators’ permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often, targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
Web Beacons & Parameter Tracking
SECTION 7 – QUESTIONS & CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to access, correct, amend, or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Privacy department as follows:
010 020 1288 or firstname.lastname@example.org